AC Tune-Up – 20 Point Service Check
Manufacturers like Trane and Rheem strongly recommend regular maintenance and service tune-ups on your AC system following installation. Neighbors A/C’s technicians employ a comprehensive 20 Point Service Check that will preserve the integrity of your unit’s warranty, prolong your system’s lifespan, and ensure that your unit is functioning like it was made to.
Symptoms of an inefficient AC unit
- Is your air conditioning unit too noisy?
- Does your home feel humid?
- Do you have musty odors in your home?
- Is your electric bill too high?
- Does your system stay on for too long during cooling cycles?
- Are water droplets present beneath your air handler?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, or if you can’t remember the last time your unit was even serviced, call the experts at Neighbors A/C for a tune-up today.
What’s included in an AC tune-up?
Our 20 Point Service Check literally goes above and beyond manufacturer recommendations. After your service tune-up, you will have the peace of mind in knowing that you have done everything you can to maximize your AC’s efficiency.
Below are the 20 points we cover in our service check:
- Surface clean outdoor coil
- Inspect and flush out condensate drain
- Inspect air filter
- Inspect service disconnect
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test capacitors
- Inspect bearings
- Inspect fan blade
- Inspect thermostat
- Inspect duct seal near air handler
- Inspect condition of line set
- Check proper Freon levels
- Replace missing screws
- Oil motor and other moving parts
- Inspect compressor
- Inspect fan and heat relays
- Examine evaporator coil
- Examine blower wheel
- Test float switch operation
- Test humidistat operation
Why is an AC tune-up important?
Heating and cooling account for more than 50% of your home’s energy expenditures. That’s more energy use than your stove, washing machine, electronics, and all your other appliances combined! Thus, it follows that small decreases in your system’s efficiency – caused by general wear and tear and the accumulation of dust and dirt throughout the year – will translate into a larger monthly electric bill. The converse is also true: doing what you can to make moderate or even small increases in your system’s efficiency – like regular maintenance – will go a long way in reducing your utility bills and prolonging the life of your unit.
Benefits of an AC tune-up
- Maintain maximum unit efficiency
- Lower energy costs
- Lower monthly utility bills
- Less frequent and costly repairs
- Extend unit lifespan